Bespoke Project Engineer (Electrical)
Contract - 6 Months
£35.00 per hour - PAYE - (Inside IR35)
A Bespoke Project Engineer opportunity has become available for an exclusive manufacturer of luxury automotive vehicles.
The Bespoke Electrical Project Engineer role is responsible for the management and delivery of all Electrical component and system development activities across the relevant multi-departmental process-chain to ensure on time introduction and integration into bespoke vehicle content.
The position is responsible for project planning of all electrical engineering activities to the required detail in support of the tasks assigned by the Lead Engineer.
The Project Engineer will manage and carry out the necessary electrical development activities including; Research Investigation, Internal Patent Application, Engineering Costing, Engineering Design, Risk Analysis, Centre of Competence Alignment, Test Planning & Validation, Project Planning, whilst ensuring product parameters (product properties & function, costs, weight, quality, timing) are released on time within the scope defined by feature sheets assigned by the Lead Engineer.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in an Automotive Engineering Electrical development environment
- Knowledge of Automotive Manufacturing Processes for electrical components with the ability to select appropriate wiring concepts, processes and tooling options for low and medium volume manufacturing volumes
- Knowledge of international automotive legislation and homologation requirements relating to electrical content
- Experience in automotive electrical project/programme management and leading cross-functional teams without disciplinary responsibility of team members
- Ability to create wiring/pinning diagrams for vehicle harnesses with interfaces to CAN/LIN bus systems
- Ability to carry out Programming and Parameterisation development of electrical ECUs/Drivers/Systems
- A sound knowledge of automotive feature development including development cost estimation, technical feature specification, DFM/DFA, RPT and low-volume production techniques with respect to cost, time and weight requirements and also regarding test planning and development.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to meet the highest of automotive standards with regards to quality, robustness and the avoidance of undesirable levels of EMC
- An appreciation of and the ability to develop solutions with respect to the required electrical properties/requirements
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.