Project Engineer (Cost) - 34841 - up to £21.09/hr - P3O
An Automotive Project Engineer (Cost) is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
The role involves working as part of a small team that review and benchmark all outsource component D&D activity to ensure Value for Money. The role involves the following:
- Conduct complete analysis - in line with departmental processes - of component D&D activities
- Lead / support engineering discussions on component D&D requirements with internal Engineers
- Lead / support cost discussions with Tier 1 component suppliers
- Deliver all required administration, task management and planning.
- You may be required to travel within and outside of the UK
- Cost analysis / cost management experience
- Thorough, trusts own work, can confidently communicate findings and manage stakeholder(s) to ensure the correct outcome solution is achieved.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, flexible, self-motivated and possess a passion for the industry and the role
- Experience of working with / for Tier 1 automotive suppliers
- Knowledge of automotive component design
- Previous experience of working in a team environment yet able to deliver excellent results with complete autonomy.
- Experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Good organisational & prioritisation skills
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.