Automotive Mechanical Technician
An Automotive Mechanical Technician is required with experience in general machining equipment e.g. lathe, milling machine etc.
Due to growth this company, a leading Powertrain Engineering consultancy based in Coventry, requires an Automotive Mechanical Technician for a new permanent role.
As an Automotive Mechanical Technician you will be required to:
- Regular servicing and repairs of vehicle components and powertrains
- Preparation, installation, connection, service, maintenance and calibration of equipment in accordance with given procedures
- Setup of Unit Under Test (UUT's), pallet rigging
- Support of instrumentation of UUT's which can be vehicles, combustion engines, e-motors, inverter, brake systems, etc.
- Develop procedures for the above-mentioned tasks if not appropriate or existing yet
- Responsibility for machine shop and comfortable with workshop environment
- Fabrication of parts necessary to fulfil bespoke test bed requirements or satisfying a modular approach
- Responsible for instrumenting engine or vehicle components with temperature and pressure sensors & ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards
- Setting up of test equipment on pallets
- Assess mechanical and electronic equipment in a testbed environment to determine & troubleshoot issues ensuring appropriate protocols are followed to manage problems
- Performing preventative and regular maintenance of assigned test equipment to minimize chances of breakdown and downtime
- Assist test bed operators on day-to-day basis to ensure efficient test operations
- Oversee inventory of required components, parts and supplies for repairing and maintaining test systems and reporting to supervisor in timely manner
- Ascertain work complies with required standard and is in accordance with company specifications and protocols
- You may be required to do other work within your capability which the company may require from time to time
The Automotive Mechanical Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- Successfully completed a technical education/training in the field of supply engineering, environmental engineering, process engineering, facilities engineering, mechanical engineering or a comparable qualification
- Good knowledge of vehicle and engine mechanics
- Experienced in general machining equipment e.g. lathe, milling machine etc.
- Independent, target-oriented way of working and a high level of initiative with the ability to work well in a team
- Flexibility to work shifts if required
- Willing and able to travel
- Knowledge of working in a high voltage test environment.
- Knowledge or experience of working with wiring looms, electrical fault diagnosis and repair
- Knowledge of test systems and previous diagnostic experience
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have any questions about the Automotive Mechanical Technician role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.