Job title: Automotive Materials Engineer
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
An Automotive Materials Engineer is required with knowledge of cost reduction and validation.
Due to continued growth this company, a description based in Cranfield requires an Automotive Materials Engineer with manufacturing process experience for a new contract role. As an Automotive Materials Engineer you will be required to:
- Establish the processes, workflows and timescales
- Identify the necessary data sources and related functions
- Establish database of findings
- Establish network with other regions
- Gather already available data from design & quality assurance activities
- Interrogate component content from CAD/drawing data
- Perform physical checks on selected parts as necessary
- Analyse manufacturing processes for selected parts
- Validate actual material content vs. declared content
- Identify gaps between actual and declared content
- Support buyers negotiations and follow through on delivery of savings
- Support design engineers in new development projects
- Share findings and best practice with other regions
The Automotive Materials Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally qualified with an engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience within an Automotive OEM environment
- Good analysis and validation skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of automotive production process to develop your career.
If you have any questions about the Automotive Materials Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.