Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
JOB TITLE: Interiors Designer – Automotive
LOCATION: South Wales
An experienced Interiors Designer is required to develop new concepts for high end automotive commercial vehicle conversions in South Wales. Creative candidates with an eye for sporty detail and the ability to work with a compact team to deliver designs into production would be well received.
Due to expansion and growth this company, an innovative organisation who build niche vehicles in South Wales requires a forward thinking and creative Interiors Designer to:
- Be responsible for the creative processes at the earliest stage of a project, through to the co-ordination of feasible solutions, releases to tooling, and monitoring designs through to production.
- Own the creation of new designs and the development of solutions to design problems for the interiors of our future vehicles.
Support customer meetings and events to support the development and presentation of future interior designs.
- Interface with project management, commercial, exterior design and modelling design, presting work and concepts to the Directors
- Working with engineering to effectively aid the delivery of our future products.
- Clear ability to visually and verbally communicate ideas and solutions. This requires the highest of skills in illustration, visual evaluation and aesthetic judgement of surfaces
The successful candidate must be able to invent/create new and novel ideas and challenge conventional thinking in problem solving. The position requires a good level of practical engineering knowledge to negotiate and agree solutions with development engineers. A key understanding of the brand and how that could evolve and manifest itself into future interior design is also important.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree level or higher in design
- Experience in delivering automotive interior concept and production designs
- First class creative and conceptualisation skills
- Broad knowledge of engineering and production techniques and processes with the ability to visualise and communicate design solutions in 2D and 3D.
- Excellent verbal and written skills and have an interest in next gen UI and UX developments.
- You will also have generation of designs for production and concept vehicles, good knowledge of automotive industry, including competitor and market awareness
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and ability to work under pressure and prioritize own workload as required
- Uphold an upbeat “can do” attitude with outgoing personality to motivate and lead teams
- Proactive and positive approach, with a desire to succeed both personally and for the business
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.