Birmingham, West Midlands
almost 2 years ago
Job Description - Please note the Sponsorship is not available.
Job title: Functional Safety Manager
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham (Following a short period in Lincolnshire, travel supported)
Our client has been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing Power Module and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining this leading technology company as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue with a major growth investment in the Birmingham area.
To support this growth plan, we are looking for a Functional Safety Manager to join the R&D Centre. - This new centre will be situated in Birmingham. Successful candidates will be comfortable with travel to Lincoln in the first two months until the brand new and industry-leading design and development complex is up and running in Birmingham.
Please note that due to the Automotive nature we are only able to consider applicants with demonstrable experience in working towards ISO 26262 only.
*Please note the Sponsorship is not available, and only candidates with automotive application of functional safety standards (ISO 26262) will be considered.
Functional safety manager is responsible for guiding the software and hardware team on the functional safety implementation as per the ISO26262 guidelines. They will be responsible for conducting periodic reviews, status meetings and assessment of the work being performed and arrange any audits for the compliance of the system to functional safety rules and guidelines.
An excellent benefits package is offered to the right candidate.
- Provide guidance to SW & HW engineers on functional safety implementation on work products.
- Conduct periodic reviews of ISO26262 implementations.
- Arrange for any audits for functional safety compliance.
- Guide the team on safety architecture for ISO26262 implementation.
- Project manage the functional safety software and hardware implementations.
- Give periodic reports to department head on progress of FS implementations.
Core Skills and Education
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in electronics/ electronics related discipline
- Demonstrable experience in Automotive Industry
- Has hands-on experience in implementation of functional safety in the automotive domain.
- Experience of implementing FS strategy in Automotive embedded software.
- Has high level overview of FS implementation across SW and HW.
- Experience of conducting Audit for ISO26262 compliance.
- Automotive Software development experience in powertrain/EV/Hybrid domain.
- Understanding of Model Based System Engineering and design.
- Matlab/Simulink experience.
- Familiar with C language programming in automotive domain.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation apply now or write