Automotive Electrical Project Engineer
An Automotive Electrical Project Engineer is required with knowledge of electrical theory and the operation of vehicle electrical systems.
Due to continued growth this company, based in Sunderland requires an Automotive Electrical Project Engineer with electrical system circuit design experience for a new contract role.
As an Electrical Project Engineer you will be required to carry out the following:
- Multi Model Launch
- Line trial attendance
- First response to concerns during Trials
- Initial analysis of concerns under guidance of responsible engineers
- Feedback of data to Responsible engineer
- Support production trials including SOP on behalf of electrical department
- Attend physical vehicle design status reviews - component layout clearance
- Provide information to allow judgement if attendance us required by engineer
- Identification of new cost reduction opportunities
- Cost reduction trial support
- Long tail quality concerns investigation
- To observe and work within Health and Safety requirements at all times
The Electrical Project Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Strong background in Harness design and manufacture
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of vehicle electrical systems.
- Electrical system circuit design experience.
- BOM system parts application experience
- Strong project management skills.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be able to travel.
- Competent with PC applications. (MS office etc).
- Self motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive.
- Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Minimum Education Required Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work-gained experience
- Experience within an automotive engineering R&D organisation
If you have any questions about the Electrical Project Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.