Automotive Development Technician
We are seeking a Development Technician to prepare/ build exterior body system, test operability and durability and carry out evaluation and concern identification on completion of test.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Development Technician with experience of vehicle building for a new contract role.
As a Development Technician, you will be required to have a methodical approach to problem solving, good communication skills, a team player but also able to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
The Development Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- Vehicle building skills
- Understanding technical drawings
- Welding / Basic Machining (Mill and Lathe)
- The ability to fabricate parts and rigs for testing prototype or reworked parts
- Use of load cells, and displacement transducers.
- Use of Pneumatic and Hydraulic control systems
- Computer literate
- Data Analysis and Report writing
- Attention to detail
- MS Excel (Database management & Producing results tables & graphs)
- MS Word (Report writing)
- MS Powerpoint (Presentations)
- Ideally Level 3 or above in Mechanical or Automotive engineering with a recognised apprenticeship.
If you have any questions about the Development Technician role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship