Job title: Automotive Design Strategist
Location: Marylebone, London
Salary/Hourly Rate: £Competitive (DOE)
An unmissable opportunity has become available with one of our leading automotive clients. This presents an excellent opportunity for a design stratergist to generate future design strategies and scenarios for their brand and vehicle opportunities, this includes both production and concept.
You’ll be joining a highly collaborate, creative environment to deliver world-class, advanced design projects for this exciting car brand, as well as other future products for the wider group!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES .
- Responsible for generating future design strategies and scenarios for the brand and vehicle opportunities, this includes both production and concept
- Use proven research techniques to gather key information and findings in order to support design thinking and direction
- Strategic analysis of findings to seek new opportunities and predict future trends.
- Develop clear thinking through well thought out and conceived concepts and proposals
- Develop design communication guidelines and materials for reports, CI, branding, external PR
- Develop strategies and proposals to cover brand relevant vehicle typographies and proportion recommendations, design feature, innovation, customer USP, UX, CMF, surface and details
- Creation of trend reports to be used to inspire team members and educate global designers on future international design trends
- Responsible for regular output of public facing design communications and Design brand building
- Actively seek innovation activities to enhance design solutions, workflow and quality of output for review
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Relevant UX/UI experience, preferably at OEM level
- Excellent ability to develop a detailed strategic design brief from basic guidance and direction
- Have a critical eye for detail and execute to the highest standards
- Excellent knowledge and ability to analyse:
- Cross industry design trends including product, fashion, technology etc.
- Global market requirements and consumer nuances
- Brand awareness
- User centric design
- Excellent digital design skills, use of relevant tools (Adobe CS. PowerPoint etc.) and techniques to produce outstanding visuals and design reports
- Excellent use of graphics, layout, typography, colour for use in communication and design
- Ability to generate animation, movies and show reels to convey ideas and storytelling
- Digital 3D data generation skills not essential but are preferred (training may be provided)
- Able to layout vehicle package to a given direction in order to develop proportional guidelines
- Understanding of automotive and mobility sector design trends in Global markets
- Understanding of automotive engineering feasibility and vehicle layout, including ergonomics. Able to work with given package and hard points
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.