4 months ago
Job title: Automotive Concept Designer
Salary: £40,000 - £48,500 (DOE)
An excellent opportunity to join our Warwickshire based clients has become available. They are currently seeking a Conceptt Designer to provide technical leadership in the design of a concept car in order to successfully deliver the aims of the Special Vehicles project.
- To lead the development of the design for various new vehicle platforms for the successful and timely delivery of outputs from the project and other related activities in the field outlined.
- To actively participate in the decision making and planning reviews to ensure timely delivery of the projects to the benefit of internal parties and external collaborators.
- To provide specialist technical leadership in the design of the concept vehicles delivered by the project
- To represent as a credible authority on design development with current and future collaborative partners.
- To be responsible for design and development activities toward the project goals.
- To work with the Principal Engineer to determine the design strategy and create a successful plan of work for each vehicle platform.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Exceptional 3D design skills, a combination of using traditional foam, clay, hard materials together with digital skills using Creo, Alias or Catia.
- Good 2D design and visual communication skills including sketching, Photoshop, Illustrator, Powerpoint
- A strong research approach across market, ergonomic, CMF and technological aspects.
- Experience and involvement in whole-vehicle design (such as automotive interior and exterior, motorcycle bodywork and ancillaries).
- Strong understanding of production and prototyping methodology, physical model making and sculpture.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446156.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.