2 months ago
An experienced Automotive Buyer is required to join an automotive company in Chichester.
As an integral part of the Bespoke Buying team, you will be responsible for securing the supply of low volume Bespoke Commission Collection components and selecting suitable suppliers in line with agreed cost, quality and time targets. This entails negotiating and agreeing prices and terms with suppliers in order to achieve the best possible invest/unit costs while taking account of design, volume and timing constraints. You will be an expert in project management ensuring all parts are supplied to the required quality standard and within the planned delivery timeline. You will proactively resolve supplier problems and ensure a continued successful business relationship with all parties involved.
You will have:
• A degree (or equivalent) and ideally a CIPS qualification;
• Experience of production component purchasing within an automotive environment or equivalent manufacturing environment;
• Experience in managing professional supplier selection processes;
• Experience of handling commercial negotiations with external suppliers;
• Experience of project management and an understanding of new product development processes;
• Good problem solving ability required to overcome problems arising from specific cost, quality, time and logistics issues;
• Good interpersonal skills with an ability to influence key stakeholders.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.