Job title: Automation Technician
Salary Range: £16.00 to £22.00 per hour LTD or Umbrella
The Automation Technician will join a team responsible for installing, licensing, administering, developing, adapting and maintaining automated test software and other associated applications for over 40 test cells with differing testing requirements.
Reporting directly to the Automation Team Leader the suitable individual will complete proposed changes or additions to systems, programs, or infrastructure components including hardware, software, or network. Assist more experienced team members in infrastructure or system development and support team in developing solutions to customer related requests and/or systems problems.
The Automation Technician duties may include:
- Specifies, sources, builds test cell PC based systems
- Monitoring of OEE metrics attributes, highlighting any concerns to Automation Engineers to be able to tackle route causes of reoccurring lost time and drive quantity of breakdowns down.
- Continue to increase velocity of breakdown resolution improving uptime of test cells.
- When required, installation, license management and maintenance of internal and external supplied/design software (e.g CANape, CAT ET, Morphee, Test Launcher etc)
- Support to daily Operations meeting as well as part of the TDS call-out rota for out of hours support.
- Process and flow chart creation for standard working practices that are in remit (LWI's, COP's etc)
- Under direction of more senior team members, assists in the development or integration of major system & software modules and programs.
- Prepare test cell data acquisition software for engine installations and test work.
To apply for this Automation Technician position you should have some of the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of current technology including one or more of the following: programming languages, computing hardware and software environments, system integration processes, system administration processes and tools, and current development processes and tools.
- Excellent analytical (data analysis and data extraction) skills
- Good knowledge of PC hardware & software
- Good knowledge of LAN & wireless networks
- Computer application skills to support job requirements (Email, MS Excel, MS Word, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with automated industrial test equipment used within a development or production environment
- Maintenance of equipment, fault finding/diagnosis & breakdown expertise
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of test cell data acquisition software & systems (e.g Morphee)
- Working knowledge of software tools, packages and facilities such as CANape, RS232/485, MCD3 etc
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this Automation Technician role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.