Position: Automation Technical Manager.
Location: Burton- Upon- Trent, Midlands.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 depending on automation & management experience.
Essential: You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Automation Technical Manager to join our business. Reporting to the General Manager for the Automation Division you will be responsible for a wide variety of Automation Engineering activities to assist the company as a whole across all divisions.
Automation Technical Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Management of the technical aspects within the automation department. Engineering Design strategy and delivery of all Client proposals and projects with due respect to safety, cost, time and quality.
- Act as Lead Engineer / Project Manager on live projects and proposals including site management and commissioning as required.
- Act as technical lead for Automation issues within the business including the development and control of standards.
- Assist the General Manager - Automation with department planning including, resourcing, budgets, technical guidance and training.
- Management of quality, completeness, consistency and accuracy of deliverable within the Automation Engineering team.
- Act as a mentor to all of the Automation Engineering team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure designs and projects meet all required standards including Client, company and legislative standards whilst ensuring best efficiency is attained with regards to resource allocation and use together with the cost of third party supplied services and equipment.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure monthly cost and resource reporting is accurate and adequately reflects the requirements of all projects.
- Provide input into the preparation of training plans for future engineers within the department.
- Advise and assist in selection of appropriate standards, design and implementation methods for regions, projects and customers.
- Automation supplier liaison, tendering and procurement.
- Develop and maintain PLC coding standards for both Rockwell and Siemens.
- Develop and maintain SCADA standards for both Rockwell and Siemens.
- Supervision and management of automation contracts on time and budget including tender preparation, negotiation and award.
- Technical attendance of factory acceptance tests.
- Develop and monitor project programmes.
- Attendance at both UK and overseas project sites as agreed with your Line Manager/ Director to suit the needs and demands of projects.
- Working on control systems projects either individually or as part of a large project team delivering projects to specification, on budget and to project program.
- Producing Functional Design Specifications.
- Implementing control system software; PLC, SCADA, DCS, Batch, Recipes and Reporting.
- Internal and Client software testing.
- On site commissioning.
To apply for the Automation Technical Manager vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.