Position - Automation Service Engineer
Location - Primarily based in Birmingham with travel to customer sites, approx. 3 days out on customer sites servicing special purpose equipment, high speed machinery, bespoke automation products, robotics and related hi-tec equipment, with 1 or 2 days at site in Birmingham supporting on going projects and up-selling service/products offering.
Salary - £30,000 - £40,000 depending on level of technical experience, servicing and maintenance carried out on automation/special purpose equipment related work. Must be aware of new technological developments within the world of automation - Industry 4.0/4IR/ioT, smart factories, inter-connectivity of all machinery etc and be able to discuss with customers their requirements of upgrading/implementing 4IR technologies & related equipment into their work place (across manufacturing & production).
We specialise in bespoke and re-configurable automation solutions, across a wide range of industries, there's never a dull day at our site in Birmingham.
Whether you're working on the shop floor or in one of the offices, we encourage education, development and growth amongst all of our staff. Sitting on the cutting-edge of innovative technology, our employees are forward thinking and eager to push the boundaries of typical manufacturing and engineering.
So whether you're an experienced engineering manager, or an engineer at the start of your career, there's no better place to learn, grow and flourish than with us.
Key skills and experience required for the Automation Service Engineer:
- Previous experience in a servicing or maintenance role would be beneficial however we would consider applicants from a wider engineering sector.
- Ideally mechanical & electrical skills/multi skilled engineering requirements.
- Experience of carrying out repairs, fault finding, diagnostics, preventative planned and reactive maintenance.
- Experience of installation and/or commissioning would also be an added advantage.
- Knowledge (not programming from scrtach) of PLC control systems is also required (Omron, Siemens, Allen Bradley or Mitsubishi).
- Knowledge of servos, drives, pneumatic, hydraulics, actuators, manipulators would also be an added advantage.
- Health & Safety awareness will be required.
- Have commercial awareness to be able to engage with customers on product upgrades, new service agreement plans and 4IR.
- Must be aware of new technological developments within the world of automation - Industry 4.0/4IR/ioT, smart factories, inter-connectivity of all machinery etc and be able to discuss with customers their requirements of upgrading/implementing 4IR technologies & related equipment into their work place.
- Undertake continual training and further development of skills.
This position offers an opportunity to join the service department with a view to developing and growing the division. There is significant scope for career development as this department grows into senior service engineering and service management positions over the next 3 - 5 years.
If you would like to apply for this Automation Service Engineer vacancy please email your up to date CV to Amo Rai, Senior Automation & Robotics Consultant.