Due to investment in the next level of automated technologies, a leading high technology business is currently recruiting a Senior Automation Engineer.
Commutable from: Oxford, Swindon, Bicester, Newbury, Aylesbury, Didcot, Wantage
Salary: £ 40,000 - £ 50,000 p.a. + benefits
Suitable for: Project Engineer, Automation Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer
He/she will support the design, development and implementation of improved automated production methods, including the development and validation of automated handling, masking and process equipment, performance monitors and training. The successful candidate will need to identify and solve problems related to production processes, equipment, and manufacturability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate manufacturing processes; applying knowledge of equipment design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors
- Liaises with equipment vendors for the completion of equipment specifications
- Ensure automation equipment successfully navigate the internal system from concept to hand over to implementation team
- Project manage aspects of automation development, from proof of concept to detailed design through to final validation
- Ensure all machines are built to the correct/desired standard and are validated for use
- Responsible for the support of transfer of automated equipment to manufacturing and customer sites
- Complete all projects by training and guiding operators and technicians
- Capable of working alone or in conjunction with other team members and internal / external customers.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as required
- Line management duties of industrial engineer
- Up to 30% international travel
- 15+ years in mechanical design / manufacturing role with western company
- Excellent Solidworks design capabilities (component & assemblies); other design packages considered
- ‘Cradle to grave’ development experience, with exposure to supplier sourcing, prototyping, design validation, mass production release
- Machine maintenance, repair, upgrade retrofits and validation
- BOM creation (mechanical, electrical & software), and management
- Exposure to manufacturing proof of concept trials, industrialisation & release to development
- The candidate needs excellent problem solving skills and must possess and be able to demonstrate a flair for creativity and innovation
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and demonstrate flexible organisational, time management and prioritisation skills, between multiple projects
- Ability & willingness to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Experience of CE / UL machinery safety standards would be advantageous
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.