Automation Engineering Specialist
Industry/Sector Warehouse Automation
An Automation Engineering Specialist is required for a leading distributor of electronics, automation and control components. We are looking for a solution driven Development Engineer with experience in warehouse automation and leading distribution improvement projects e.g. process, layout and equipment. This exciting new opportunity will lead distribution centre improvement projects including providing insights, expertise on innovative solutions, improving and implementing automation, equipment and process improvements across Europe.
As an Automation Engineering Specialist, you will be required to:
- Research and provide advice on automation solutions for the business, leading distribution improvement projects e.g. process, layout and equipment.
- You will analyse space and sizing requirements for installation, optimising layout and coordinate reviews of all assigned projects including submissions and drawings.
- You will evaluate equipment providers via a tendering process and then coordinate the purchase, installation and trouble-shooting to ensure full resolutions of any issues.
- You will audit installations and ensure they are delivered as expected.
- This is an office based role with exciting opportunities to visit facilities and distribution centres globally.
The Automation Engineering Specialist should have the following skills or experience:
- Relevant experience of working with, and maintaining, automated equipment (conveyors, robots, cranes, lifts, shuttles, etc.)
- Excellent awareness of latest mechanical handling equipment and technology and their suppliers
- Strong PC skills on Microsoft packages, as well as relevant experience of design software and warehouse management system software
- Confident, professional and persuasive people skills from routinely dealing with senior managers, engineers and contractors
- Ability to prioritise workload, working to deadlines, whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Analytical skills and ability to translate complex data and technical specifications into clear information for managers
- CI qualification re Lean & Six Sigma to at least a Green Belt standard
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of warehouse automation and project engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Automation Engineering Specialist role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .