£25 - 33 per hour
about 1 month ago
Up to £33.00 per hour (Inside IR35)
Peterborough (WFH Flex)
Off Highway - Diesel Engines
As an Automation Engineer you will be responsible for the implementation of new requirements, features, improvements and bug fixes, developing our standard implementation of the FEV Morphee Automation & DAS suite, to provide a robust, maintainable and cutting-edge platform that works for all our customer's needs.
You will work closely within a global team of automation developers to implement changes in the platform. You will create and maintain an organizational climate and culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement, commitment and a sense of urgency towards business success.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Automation support and development
- Translate customers functional requirements into technical design elements
- Design, development, validation and deployment of critical automation features
- Working directly on complex technical problems to identify root causes and develop solutions in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with test cell operators and development engineers to identify improvement opportunities and resolve issues
- Troubleshoot automation coding / scripting and system integration issues efficiently and effectively
- Research new technology, architectures, frameworks, and products to be incorporated into the current or future automation suite
Basic Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) in an accredited Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical engineering degree
- Demonstrated relevant experience in engine/power system development/testing or test scripting/automation development in a lab environment or similar
- Basic coding ability and/or willingness to develop in this space. Note specific language is not so important. The key need is the ability to think through problems systematically, understand logical code structures and be able to implement changes/fixes in a robust manner.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Electronic / digital system integration experience
- Experience in applying automation to test facilities/labs
- Experience with test software
- FEV Morphee, AVL Puma, Vector CANape/CANalyzer, dSpace control-desk/automation-desk, ETAS Inca, DSG DaTAQ Pro, NI Labview/Veristand or similar...
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- True passion for automation and methodical engineering practices
- Prior experience with one or more programming languages such as C#, Python etc.
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.