£25 - 32 per hour
about 1 year ago
£25.00 to £32.00 per hour - LTD/Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Off Highway - Diesel Engines
As an Automation Engineer you will be responsible for the implementation of new requirements, features, improvements and bug fixes, developing standard implementation of the FEV Morphee Automation & DAS suite to provide a robust, maintainable and cutting-edge platform that works for all our customer's needs.
You will work closely within a global team of automation developers to implement changes in the platform. You will create and maintain an organizational climate and culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement, commitment and a sense of urgency towards business success.
The Test Data Systems team are responsible for the Automation and Data Acquisition systems (DAS) used in engine development labs, working closely with Validation, Performance, Emissions, Instrumentation and Facilities teams to ensure maximum return from time spent in the test cell.
Within our clients existing labs they have some of the highest levels of engine test automation in the world making this a truly exciting opportunity.
Basic Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical engineering
- Relevant experience in engine/power system development/testing or test scripting/automation development in a lab environment or similar
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Electronic / digital system integration experience
- Experience in applying automation to test facilities/labs
- Experience with test software - FEV Morphee, AVL Puma, Vector CANape/CANalyzer, dSpace control-desk/automation-desk, ETAS Inca, DSG DaTAQ Pro, NI Labview/Veristand or similar...
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- True passion for automation and methodical engineering practices
Please contact James Tilley for more details
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.