Coventry, West Midlands
£320 - £400 per day
almost 2 years ago
Our client, a global engineering company is looking for an Information Security Specialist to provide support for a busy IT team on a 6-9 month contract basis.
This department provides all of the IT technical support to TMETC staff engaged in R&D work covering offices based at IARC bldg. Warwick University, Coventry & HPL Prototypes, Allesley, Coventry.
Successful candidate will be responsible for implementing ISO27001 based security controls within the organization. The job will involve close coordination with the corporate IT to rollout the mutually agreed processes and procedures.
Candidate will be required to take the full ownership of the implementation, work with IT team and put all the required policies/processes/controls in place. Set up required review/meeting cadence and work towards generating the required artefacts to satisfy the audit process.
The work will also involve in depth documentation and end use training during implementation. The candidate will also be the part of team facing both internal and external audit.
- The objective of the role is to prepare the organization's compliance towards ISO 27001 Info Security standard
- The candidate also needs to ensure the company complies with relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice in all matters relating to security.
- Ensure that data security policies are documented, implemented, enforced, monitored and complied with and to ensure the company embraces a culture of Information Security.
- Develop and ensure data security procedures are approved that provide the more detailed steps that service areas need to adhere to in order to implement that data security policies.
- Ensure that regular risk assessments are completed in departments and the results are recorded.
- Assist in taking timely action resulting from any risk assessment recommendations.
- The candidate needs to work closely with the Corporate Information Security team and align the processes/procedures accordingly.
- Put a detailed meeting cadence to support the audit / review process.
- Prepare a detailed end user help document along with a short ready reckoner.
- End user training
- Handhold System, network admins and IT support desk to get the policies implemented.
- ISO 27001 standards experience and application.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP or similar security or privacy qualification.
- Information Security Policies and Processes and procedures.
- Security Auditing skills and experience.
- GDPR, GAPP Data Protection knowledge.
- Ability to lead implementation
Degree qualified or similar qualification in information management or computer science.
If you are interested in this exciting contract in an industry-leading and purpose-built facility, then please apply now.