about 2 years ago
Attribute Leader - Energy Balance
Competence: Climate Architecture
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
End of Assignment: 2019-30-04 (potentially longer)
We are currently recruiting for an Attribute Leader within Climate for a leading automotive organisation based in Gothenburg, Sweden. This is an fantastic opportunity on a contract basis, running until at least end of April 2019.
The development and refinement of platforms at CEVT continues. The combination of internal combustion engines, hybrids and pure electrical vehicles requires focus to the climate control balance for the platform variants.
The platform attribute performance for Climate need to set strategies and requirements for follow up of the platforms and the top hats.
The assignment is focused to lead the Climate attribute with requirement setting, performance analysis and testing.
As Attribute Leader for Climate, you and your colleagues are overall responsible for achieving a correctly balanced climate performance, ensuring that the final product corresponds to the market and technical specifications, and to target users needs and expectations. The general work method is to define, communicate, follow up, and if needed balance, requirements and guidelines related to climate performance. The employment is focused to the climate base design of platform architecture to ensure a performance that meet the requirements from one or several upper structures.
- Benchmark and evaluate climate performance for competitor vehicles
- Evaluate marketing request and feedback comments of possibilities for fulfilling them
- Define and communicate requirements on complete- and system level as measurable technical input to Design and Engineering departments
- Support engineering departments in development of specifications, concept selections and supplier evaluations.
- Creative problem solving/design support by working out constructive solution proposals
- Track target fulfilment throughout the development process, by CAE and hardware (system- and complete vehicle tests) evaluation, integration meetings and design reviews
- Define attribute status based on analysis and test results. Present and communicate target fulfilment/ deviation to the project
- Recommend needed actions or balance of requirement, to the project
- Process development:
- Develop quantifiable climate requirements and guidelines, for complete vehicle and system levels
- Definition and development of verification plans, test and evaluation methods
- Build up and develop the Climate team by: collecting input from legal requirements and benchmark, defining requirements, defining tools and methods to verify results and validate requirements
- Track new technology and competitor examples to find new efficient solutions
- B.S c. or M.Sc. in Engineering (Design, Mechanical or Industrial)
- Experience from Climate attribute- or Climate design engineer assignments
- Experience of 3D-cad (Catia V5 preferred), PDM/PLM system and MS-Office
- Experience of CAE evaluation tools used for evaluation of climate performance
- Attribute Engineering experience
- Knowledge of automotive architecture definitions, standards and requirements
- Strong personal drive and motivation with ability to take initiative and drive issues
- Analytic and problem solving mindset
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management and other organisations
- Passion for engineering and product excellence
- Self-starter with ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, growing and developing organisation
- Fluent in English
- Cultural awareness, especially Asian - European culture
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW. For more information on this role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.