Newcastle upon Tyne
Associate Principal Power Electronics Engineer - Newcastle Upon Tyne - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is a high-profile technology and product leader and is now seeking a talented and experienced Associate Principal Power Electronics Engineer in the Technical Research Team, within a Research, Design and Development (RDD) department. This role is based at a new Future Power Systems Laboratory at Newcastle University, you will lead the development of innovative and world-leading products for the global market.
As Associate Principal Power Electronics Engineer – You will be required to
- Lead a variety of concurrently running projects with university collaborators.
- Develop novel power circuits, control schemes and drives using emerging devices.
- Interact with senior management and deliver significant input into the Power Electronics roadmap and research activities.
- Liaise with multiple teams to gather product requirements and distil these into technical research goals for university collaborators.
- Identify novel ideas and solutions and proactively pursue their protection.
- Inspire and mentor early career academic and industry researchers.
- Involvement in university activities such as workshops, lectures and tutoring.
- Work independently to manage your own time effectively.
As Associate Principal Power Electronics Engineer – You will have
- A minimum of a degree (or equivalent) in an electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent preferably with a power electronics bias, together with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in a relevant field. Alternatively, you should have graduated from a relevant post-doctoral degree with a mix of high-level practical as well as theoretical knowledge and industrial experience in a relevant field.
- In depth knowledge and experience in the design and development of motor drives / inverters / power electronics products.
- Detailed understanding of device characteristics specifically IGBTs, MOSFETs and emerging technologies in in real-world applications.
- Knowledge of high switching frequency circuits and Wide Bandgap Devices.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences including senior management.
- Circuit simulation and analysis expertise (e.g. SiMetrix, SPICE or Matlab).
- Experience with PCB/schematic tools.
- Proven ability to design products for compliance with worldwide EMC/EMI standards.
- Knowledge and experience of thermal management in power circuits.
- Be creative using expert knowledge to deliver highly novel products with strong performance improvements and Intellectual Property (IP) benefits.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.