Job title: Associate / Principal Mechanical Engineer
As an Associate / Principal Engineer, you will have responsibility for the management of mechanical building services projects in complex buildings, including refurbishing existing buildings. You will be involved in diverse projects and will deliver innovative design solutions across a broad range of clients across multiple sectors, particularly in health, education and bioscience project, although other relevant experience will be beneficial.
A good communicator and comfortable in meetings with clients and contractors, forging strong relationships due to your technical ability and understanding of the challenges and ability to deliver solutions. You will support the growth of our business throughout Ireland.
The role may require you to travel across the UK and Ireland, and there may be opportunities or requests to go further afield.
You will be client facing and will be able to talk at a technical level with an understanding of contractual and financial practices and controls. You will have a pro-active approach to project delivery and be flexible to meet location and project deadlines. You will be expected to have a relevant degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and be a member of the CIBSE, IMechE, IEI, or equivalent professional body, although relevant design experience would be considered.
- Ability to handle meetings with Clients and Contractors through all project stages
- Relevant experience in design and supervision of projects
- Relevant experience in design and management of projects
- Experience in the defence sector would be beneficial
- Current driving licence
- Ability to work within a team and on major complex projects
- Experience in AutoCAD, National Engineering Spec (NES) Microsoft office
- Have BIM Awareness
- Understanding of IES or other thermal modelling software
- Energy Assessor capability would be welcomed
- Understanding of BREEAM on M&E Services
- Meet requirements to achieve security clearance for work in security facilities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Associate / Principal Mechanical Engineer role, please contact Shannon Harling at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.