about 1 year ago
Job Title - Associate Principal Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Location - Malmesbury
Industry - Automotive
An opportunity has arisen for an Associate Principal Advanced Manufacturing Engineer at this blue chip product development company who design state of the art products for the global market.
Main accountabilities of the Associate Principal Advanced Manufacturing Engineer:
- Using lean manufacturing techniques, using DFA/DFM and Lean Manufacturing techniques to ensure suitability of all designs for efficient manufacture
- Supporting builds in a Pilot Build Environment, implementing manufacturing solutions in a NPI/NPD environment, preferably at assembly level in addition to component level
- Manage technical issues and escalate where appropriate
- Project management, through development and monitoring of timing plans
- Assess the manufacturing requirements associated with a product, compare this to existing capability and map necessary areas for technology development
- Generation of manufacturing documentation for new products / technologies, such as process and material flows, prototype build videos, production layouts and time studies, equipment lists and costings, PFMEAs, etc.
In addition to the above you will have project management experience, leading and delivering technology projects into production with flawless launch, meeting productivity & quality targets. You will have the ability to influence decision makers (both technical and non-technical) in a challenging environment.
You will be educated to Degree level in an Engineering discipline with extensive experience in relevant engineering roles.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.