Strong salary and benefits package
01384 446 174
about 1 month ago
Assistant Production Supervisor
Manufacturing, engineering fabricated metals
Good salary plus potential of shift allowance, workplace pension, 22 days holiday, rising with service. PPE provided.
This established SME engineering and manufacturing business, provides specialist equipment to several key markets in the UK and beyond. The products they produce are of high quality and have an excellent reputation for design and innovation.
Due to increase workload, they have asked us to search for and recruit an Assistant Production Supervisor to work closely with the Production Manager in increasing capacity to meet demand.
You will be potentially working an afternoon/evening shift pattern, which will attract a shift allowance.
Ideally you will have manufacturing supervisory experience, perhaps gained in a metal fabrication environment, the business uses CNC machines, different welding process to produce their products. The main function of the role is to ensure that orders are fulfilled and that the workshop has all the necessary materials, equipment, and people to deliver on time, and in full.
- Assist in the purchasing of materials, always ensuring ‘best’ prices and quality.
- Monitor and review suppliers ensuring competitive prices, quality and delivery schedules are always maintained.
- Assist in the project management of new products and projects.
- Assist in increasing the productivity, quality, efficiency, performance levels and cost effectiveness of the manufacturing production.
- Assist in the receipting and booking in of all materials.
- Manage and ensure that Health & Safety legislative requirements are always adhered to and that every member of staff is working in a safe environment.
Regards to manufacturing and production, you will assist in defining manufacturing performance standards and reviewing performance to set and improve future targets.
- Lead and supervise the workshop employees when working on a split shift pattern.
- Assist the Product Services team in the development and project management of new products. To analyse costs and ensure all new projects are within the specified budget.
- Ensure all Workshop staff work in a safe environment and potential accidents are foreseen and always prevented.
- All equipment is always 100% safe
- Document and implement training for all processes to increase productivity, and to ensure processes and procedures are always followed.
- Ensure all workshop employees are always following the company health and safety procedures.
- Ensure the Health & Safety legislative requirements are adhered to at all time
- Assist in the documentation of manufacturing processes.
- Monitor and maintain knowledge on all safety requirements for all manufacturing processes.
- Analyse costs and ensure compliance for all in house and customer requirements.
- Ensure that all employees are issued with and are always using the correct personal protective equipment.
We are seeking candidates who have engineering and production supervisory experience in a similar SME, Fabrication environment, ideally you will have completed an Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Experience in the engineering/fabrication industry.
- Supervisory experience.
- Basic engineering understanding, metal work, fabrication, welding etc
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team, adopting a “hands on” approach.
- Ability to evaluate information when needed and make sound judgements/recommendations.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards.
- Tactful, assertive & resilient with the ability to be flexible and multi-task.
- Problem solver with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to work using own initiative whilst adopting a methodical approach to work – employing effective time and task management.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.