Stourbridge, West Midlands
£22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Assistant Production Manager
5-year Career Development Plan to Production Manager level
£22,000 - £25,000/year starting salary (rising with tenure)
Are you an aspiring and ambitious engineer looking for an opportunity to develop your career into management?
Do you want to be a production manager within a multi-million-pound business in 5 years' time?
Do you understand the value of hard work and playing as part of a team, learning from others along the way?
If you answered 'YES' to the above, then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking to welcome an aspiring engineering professional to join a family orientated, pleasant and supportive yet highly successful local business who manufacture products that are vital the world as we know it in 2019.
We are in the early stages of an exciting growth and modernisation and as such are looking to welcome an Assistant Production Manager to our team who will over 5 years learn what it takes to be a successful production manager with a view to the candidate been ready to become the Production Manager full-time from then on.
This is a leading manufacturer of turnkey solutions for some of the most globally advanced companies across a number of different continents. With over 50 years' experience of engineering development for system integrators, engineering companies & OEMs.
Due to our continued success and growth we are looking to recruit an Assistant Production Manager to work at our Manufacturing Complex based in Lye, Stourbridge.
The duties of the role will be to assist the Production Manager to ensure the following requirements are achieved: -
- To ensure that the site is operating in a safe manner
- Drive a culture of commitment to customer service and overall excellence
- Assist with site KPI`s
- Managing personnel
- Maintain all Production records to include Training records and Personnel records etc
- Liaise with all Departments to ensure that Production output is kept in line with expectations
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Responsible and reliable
- Focused with a drive to succeed
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Previous examples of leading teams or people (work based or otherwise)
- Knowledge of Health and Safety within the workplace
- Computer literate
- Recognised qualification or training within a Production or Engineering discipline
- A genuine interesting in Engineering and Manufacturing
- Some experience in a junior leadership role within a manufacturing environment (desirable)
- Starting salary £22,000 to £25,000
- Works Pension
- Health care scheme
- Working hours 07.30am to 16.00pm Monday to Friday
- Management training scheme with 5-year career development plan
- Family orientated, supportive and enjoyable working environment
- Opportunity to be part of a company at the start of an exciting growth and modernisation stage
This represents as a rare and excellent opportunity to join a company with a 5-year plan for your progression and earning potential. There are also very few companies local to Stourbridge who are set-up to allow you to work and grow at your pace and to in doing so build a career for yourself in fast-growing yet supportive business with strong core values.
If you have any questions about this Assistant Production Manager role, please 'apply now' or contact Colin Reeves at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446121.