Assistant Production Control & Logistics Manager
Salary Range: Competitive
A talented Assistant Production Control & Logistics Manager is required for an Automotive company based in Heckmondwike, you will be responsible for the day to day operation of their ‘end to end’ Supply Chain activities and have experience from within an automotive or fast paced manufacturing environment including the use of SAP business systems.
Candidates with leadership qualities, ‘end to end’ Supply Chain experience and significant understanding in the operation of SAP would be well received.
This Automotive company, based in Heckmondwike requires a motivated, dynamic, talented, detailed and driven Assistant Production Control & Logistics professional. As the Assistant Production Control & Logistics Manager you will be required to:
- Day-to-day order management, management of deliveries, production plans review.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan and facilitate on-time materials to the production line as and when required, avoiding disruption to production.
- Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance in conjunction with members of the purchasing team.
- Maintain SDS system and ensure suppliers respond in timely manner.
- Creation of daily sequencing plans and shop orders management.
- Prepare the monthly SOP (Sales & Operations Planning), to obtain a levelling of volumes and to optimise the resources (men, machines, materials and the capacity readiness of suppliers).
- Implement and drive the weekly MPS (Master Production Scheduling) to ensure a levelled production plan and protect production lines from customer’s demand variations.
- Responsible for maintaining correct parameters in the system for all parts.
- Leading and managing the team in the absence of the PC&L Manager and supporting the PC&L Manager in all aspects of team management.
The Assistant Production Control & Logistics Manager will have the following skills or experience:
- Previous experience of material and production planning in the automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies.
- Understanding of supplier relationships and some experience of working with suppliers.
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge and experience of using and implementing SAP MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems.
- Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous.
- Proven experience in planning and material control in SAP.
- Supervisory experience of managing multi-skilled team.
- Significant exposure to a “change environment” and conversant with managing and supporting people through change
- Implementation of SAP into a business – preferably as a lead, or major support to lead implementer.
- Ability to contribute to wider business issues and improvements, creating immediate and positive impact.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with leadership skills in Production Control and Logistics and experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment. In return this Heckmondwike based Automotive company will offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Production Control and Logistics and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Assistant Production Control and Logistics Manager role, please contact Paul Broadhead, email@example.com at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446155.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.