Role Title: Assistant Financial Controller
Location: Rocester, Staffordshire
An opportunity has arisen for an assistant financial controller to work alongside the Financial Controller and General Manager at Wootton Organics Wholesale Ltd, part of the JCB group.
This is a newly created, exciting role to support the business strategy through the management of a lean, efficient and effective business. The role will be key to improving financial and operating reporting and an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to add significant value to the business.
Responsibilities as an Assistant Financial Controller:
- Ensure robust financial and systems controls are in place, and are in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
- Identify and drive cost down initiatives through the process of standard costing
- Produce monthly financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
- Manage the year end process and statutory accounts preparation, including corporation tax.
- Ensure accurate external reporting to HMRC including VAT, Intrastat, CIS, and EC Sales.
- Implement appropriate controls in order to monitor and maximise cashflow.
- Ensure appropriate controls and reporting are in place to manage overhead costs in line with business strategy.
- Fully qualified accountant with experience of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment is essential
- Knowledge of agriculture and farm accounting would be beneficial
- First class attention to detail and a strong focus on accuracy
- Ability to present data in a meaningful and concise manner
- Excellent spreadsheet and data analytical skills required
- Enthusiastic, positive and driven by an eagerness to learn and develop
- An aptitude to communicate effectively across all levels and functions within the business
What's in it for you?
To say thank you for your hard work, we will work with you to support your career progression and development. We will also provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company's healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Recruitment Agencies: JCB does not accept any speculative approaches to present candidates for advertised vacancies.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Assistant Financial Controller role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.