Assistant Category Manager
£30,000 to £35,000 doe
Operating in over 16 countries, servicing approximately 4 billion people around the world our client is a vertically integrated farm to fork food conglomerate. A ready meal, a sandwich, a pub dinner, a pizza from the supermarket, a chilled snack or even a seafood salad, covering multiple sectors in the UK, you will have eaten their products and not even known about it.
They are now in need of an Assistant Category Manager to support the Category Manager in the development of long term category plans covering frozen and chilled snacking category into the Retail channel.
Working as part of a growing category marketing team the Assistant Category Manager will gather and accurately interpret data to form meaningful, actionable insight working with the retailers to recommend and influence product ranges and merchandise promotions.
About the role
- Influence retailer buying and merchandising range briefs
- Identifying opportunities via analysis of multiple data sources
- Monitoring promotions and conducting post promotional evaluation
- Working closely with Commercial, Product Development and Marketing teams to ensure they are prepared with relevant category insights and recommendations and to help deliver company objectives
- Providing internal updates to keep the company up to date with market trends and insight
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role within either FMCG, retail or agency
- Knowledge of using and ability to accurately interpret data from Kantar, IRI, Dunnhumby and other providers
- Experience of bringing these sources together to deliver key messages
- Ability to handle multiple data sources to build compelling category stories and strategy
- Strong analytical skills with a passion to understand shopper behaviour
- Energy, enthusiasm and drive to engage internal and external partners
- Ambitious to develop and progress
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to influence effectively
- Experience of own label products from either chilled or frozen food categories would be an advantage but is not essential
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are an Assistant Category Manager or have product/category marketing experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Assistant Category Manager role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17