Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£20000 - £24000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Job Title: Assistant Buyer / Expeditor
Permanent Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
- We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Buyer/Expeditor to work for our client at their site in Stoke-on-Trent.
- This role will be to procure goods and services from suppliers.
- Responsible for purchasing and expediting commodities, obtaining quotes, and ensuring supplier service and product quality while maintaining low cost.
- Complete duties under the direction of the Procurement Manager.
- Maintain computerised procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, invoices queries and inventories.
- Place purchase orders based upon requisitions for engineering materials, component parts, and other peripheral items and enter orders into the computer.
- Maintain levels of inventory items.
- Expedite purchase orders, making sure supplier deliveries are on time and ensure that all generated reports reflect current and accurate dates and information.
- Ensure that all delivered commodities meet company standards and are of good quality.
- Negotiate with suppliers on replacement of materials not conforming to company specifications.
- Liaise directly with production department regarding shortages, deliveries, incorrect items etc.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Word, Excel, and other MS Office programs.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to understand and apply mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.