Assessment Manager - Forensics
Permanent position - Home-working/remote.
Accreditation and Technical Assessment
Salary negotiable + excellent benefits.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assessment Manager to work for the National Accreditation body. Are you a forensic scientist with a keen eye for detail and a passion for improving the quality of service to the end user?
Our customer is looking for an Assessment Manager to support increased accreditation activities in the forensic sector. Assessment Managers coordinate and manage laboratory and Inspection Body assessments, lead assessment visits, evaluate technical competence and implement accreditation policy.
Due to an expansion and increase in high-profile projects, an Assessment Manager is required as soon as possible.
As the Assessment Manager, you will be required to:
- To manage and perform quality system and/or technical assessments to evaluate the competence and conformity of customers against specified standards and requirements.
- Manage relationships to reduce the likelihood of conflicts arising with the customer, demonstrating the ability to mediate where such conflicts arise, whilst ensuring accreditation requirements are met.
- Investigate and assist with resolution of complaints against the company or complaints raised by 3 rd parties regarding assigned customers.
- Take ownership and responsibility of work performed for the customer from inception to completion to ensure expectations are managed and excellent customer service is provided.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the customer's financial standing and terms with the organisation and highlight and assist in the resolution of issues with outstanding debt.
- Be the subject matter expert (Technical Focus Point) for your defined area of expertise.
- Coordination and management of Technical Advisory Committees.
- Authorship of relevant external publications and internal policies and procedures.
- Assist the Accreditation Manager in the review of audit findings and implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
The Assessment Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- A background working in a similar role within the Accreditation or certification sector.
- Have a number of years practical experience in forensic science (experience with digital forensic science would be advantageous).
- Ideally be educated to degree level.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills - be able to communicate effectively with laboratory/inspection body staff and management at all levels.
- Ideally have some experience of internal auditing and ISO/IEC17025 and/or ISO/IEC 17020 .
The role also requires the successful candidate to be vetted to NPPV3 and SC level.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Assessment Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.