- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Account management
- Contact: Justin Wainwright
- Contact Email: Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01268 889267
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58394
Assessment Manager - Asbestos Testing Laboratories
Permanent position - Homeworking/remote.
Accreditation and Certification Assessment
Salary negotiable + excellent benefits.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assessment Manager to work for the National Accreditation body. Are you a business strategy professional with a keen eye for detail and a passion for improving the quality of service to the end user?
We are looking for an Assessment Manager to support increased accreditation activities. The Assessment Manager is responsible for selecting Assessment teams, establishing a bespoke approach, lead the Assessment, coordinate the team, collate and report each assessment and progress the assessment project from start to finish.
As the Assessment Manager - Asbestos Testing Laboratories, you will be required to:
- To manage and perform quality system and/or technical assessments to evaluate the competence and conformity of customers against specified standards and requirements.
- Manage relationships to reduce the likelihood of conflicts arising with the customer, demonstrating the ability to mediate where such conflicts arise, whilst ensuring accreditation requirements are met.
- Investigate and assist with resolution of complaints against the company or complaints raised by 3 rd parties regarding assigned customers.
- Take ownership and responsibility of work performed for the customer from inception to completion to ensure expectations are managed and excellent customer service is provided.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the customer's financial standing and terms with the organisation and highlight and assist in the resolution of issues with outstanding debt.
- Be the subject matter expert (Technical Focus Point) for your defined area of expertise.
- Coordination and management of Technical Advisory Committees.
- Authorship of relevant external publications and internal policies and procedures.
- Assist the Accreditation Manager in the review of audit findings and implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
The Assessment Manager - Asbestos Testing Laboratories should have the following skills or experience:
- Have a good understanding of modern quality management systems in laboratories and inspection bodies, preferably using ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17020
- Have a good understanding of regulations and HSE guidance relating to asbestos and technical expertise in Asbestos surveying, sampling and testing.
- Be established in their career, probably with experience of management and looking to apply their knowledge and experience in a wider context.
- Hold technical qualifications including the BOHS Certificate of Competence in Asbestos (or equivalent) and probably be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Be customer focused and have excellent interpersonal and general communication skills, oral and written.
- Ideally have experience in laboratory auditing or assessment and a mind-set of adding value.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Assessment Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.