- Sector: Composites
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 14 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59788
Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
Assembly, Manager, Moulding, Composites, Jigs & Fixtures, Tooling, 8D, 5Y, Problem Solving, Manufacturing, OEE, Planning
This well-known advanced materials and manufacturing business is going through a period of growth and is recruiting an exceptional Assembly Manager to join their senior management team.
We are keen to talk to senior manufacturing specialist with knowledge of assembly systems and processes, especially with the plastics, polymer and/or composites arena who have automotive or aligned industry experience.
As Assembly Manager you will be responsible for:
- For all Assembly activities, to ensure quality parts are to the plan, with the correct allocation of resource.
- The safe and efficient running of the operations, the equipment and the personnel across the department, managing the day-to-day moulding operations of the business, ensuring the manufacturing functions are running efficiently.
- All moulding related concerns/issues for both current and future Projects/Contracts across the business.
- Implementing the manufacturing strategy, alongside the Operations, supporting the business leader to develop a continuous improvement environment within the organisation.
- Developing a high-performing production team with a culture of delivery and continuous improvement through a responsible team.
- Controlling and managing Key Performance Indicators (KPI), to ensure the business meets both the production/output goals, planned output of each product, on time, in full.
- Accountability for the implementation of the Manufacturing Strategy with Stakeholders, in terms of quality, cost and on-time delivery.
- Team development & manpower planning, operational targets and capacity planning.
- Supporting NPI process, ensuring we are setup to succeed in the long term.
- Overseeing the workforce, spanning all Assembly operations.
- Developing and implementing the processes, procedures, guidelines and tools to enable all Assembly within the manufacturing arena to meet set milestones and targets
- Installing a continuous improvement / lean culture within all facilities/plants.
- Ensuring all assembly maintains conformance to defined QMS; TS16949, AS9100, etc.
As Assembly Manager you will have the following experiences & qualifications:
- Previous track record within a senior operational management position having driven improvements and performance across manufacturing and production, preferably assembly
- Knowledge of working within the automotive, motorsport and/or aerospace industry showing excellent team leadership, people management and process improvement to support current production and new products
- Appreciation of process improvement tools and techniques to drive down cost and improve efficiencies is critical
- Ideally degree qualified but would accept experience within manufacturing assembly especially within plastics, composites and mouldings.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Assembly Manager who has lead teams within a medium volume manufacturing arena, preferably within composites, plastics and/or lamination supporting new products within the automotive, motorsport and/or aerospace sectors. Interest within this role is expected to be high so if you are interested in discussing further please contact Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 or email email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.