- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 08 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59738
Title: Assembly Jig & Fixture Design Engineer - 36909
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £26.09/hr Ltd (c. £20.15/hr PAYE option)
This is a Jig & Fixture Design Engineer role within Manufacturing Engineering. Responsibilities will include:
- Design of both Body in White (BIW) and Trim and Final (T&F) Assembly Fixtures.
- Design Projects WILL be varied. The more experience you can evidence the better.
- Fixture Design from Kick Off to Design Delivery and successfully physical fixture handover.
- To project manage a Design Project with minimal Lead Engineering support
- To coordinate and manage internal customers and suppliers (to provide data in a timely manner)
- To drive improvements into our standards, processes and methods of working
- To create and update into our standards, processes and methods of working
- To gain customer feedback, and drive that back into our working practices
- Planning for BIW single panel gauging, assembly and assembly gauging.
- Drive dimensionally optimised and aligned strategies for assembly and measurement.
- Compatibility Assessments. Product, Process and Tooling compatibility assessments.
- Cost Engineering.
- Cost & feasibility studies in support of engineering change proposals.
- Tool Collision Studies.
- Collaboration with Process Simulation to ensure collision free studies completed.
- Geometry Setting Process.
- Collaboration with Process, Simulation and Dimensional teams to ensure robust process.
- Developing and maintaining. Snags and Issues.
- Driving resolutions of issues and feeding back.
- To manage buy-off and hand-over of tooling designs with Customers and Toolroom.
- Data Management.
- To comply with and ensure that all data delivered is robust, meets expectations and is properly managed
- Value For Money Assessments (both for Design, Industrialisation and Production).
- Target zero compatibility issues by final Product Data Release.
You will be required to demonstrate a wide range of previous Assembly Fixture experiences. The skills we are looking are, but not limited to, the following abilities:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Engineering design skills and locator strategy knowledge
- 3D detail design and 2D detail drawing experience
- Understanding and awareness of BIW and T&F assembly process
- Experience and working knowledge of BIW and T&F tooling design principles
- Experience and working knowledge of locator strategy principals
- Experience and working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) principals
- Experience of solving complex technical ideas and challenges
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams
- Skilled experience in using Catia V5
- Assembly design skilled experience in using MS Office
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Ability to create and update JLR Tool Standards.
- Static Load Analysis skills (within Catia environment)
- FEA Analysis skills. Dynamic Load Analysis skills (within Catia environment)
- Basic RobCAD abilities (ability to load high level viewing of RoCAD files within the RobCAD environment)
- Catia v6 trained.
- Experience in using Team Centre Engineering
- Experience in using Catia V6
- Assembly Design
- Experience in continuous improvements to business processes
- Experience in Team leadership role
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred
** THIS POSITION HAS BEEN DEEMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.