Assembly Fitters – Defence and Aerospace
Location: Dorset – Permanent - Attractive
A leading supplier of critical control systems within the Defence and Aerospace sector is in search of Multiple Assembly Fitters to be based at their site in Dorset.
The Assembly Fitters will work primarily within the Assembly and Test facility building safety critical systems and products. The Assembly Fitters will be assembling and testing products to agreed engineering methods and processes.
This opportunity is an ideal role for an Ex Forces Technician or Engineer or someone that has a background within the Defence Sector due to the products involved.
As an Assembly Fitter your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- An apprenticeship/NVQ within mechanical/aerospace engineering.
- Applications from Candidates with equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Fuel or Fluids system experience.
- Defence or Aerospace sub-system assembly and test experience is preferred.
- Be able to read technical engineering drawings.
- Aircraft or Defence platform experience from a line or base maintenance background.
- You will be a team player with a flexible approach to shift work as required.
As an Assembly Fitter your responsibilities will involve:
- Working in a team building Defence and Aerospace Systems and products.
- Assembling and testing products in a manufacturing environment.
- Attending training courses as required for your professional development.
- Adhering to Company Processes and Safety Critical Standards.
- Putting forward ideas for Continuous Improvements to the line managers.
- Problem-solving and teamwork skills are a must.
- A flexible approach to the working environment and the team.
This role for an Assembly Fitter is a great opportunity for someone that wishes to develop themselves with a fantastic organisation. This opportunity is a long term and Permanent role that will offer the right Candidates a very bright future ahead of them in a great company.
Security Clearance will be required for this position due to the nature of the Products involved.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or for further information on this role, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446102 or email suitable CV’s
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.