Are you an experienced Assembly and Process Engineer with knowledge of machining and castings? Are you interested being involved with one of the most exciting multi-million pound manufacturing and production projects in Warwickshire?
An Assembly & Process Engineer is urgently required for a new purpose built cutting-edge manufacturing facility based near Southam which will revolutionise the compressor technology market. This flagship project with a total investment of £65m is a joint business venture between one of the UK's most innovative R&D Compressor Technology company's and one of largest manufacturers in the UK to spearhead a new wave of precision manufacturing.
This role will be a critical in developing new methods of assembly & manufacture for machining of internal components to drawings specifications. You will be required to working closely with the Engineering, Design, Quality and Manufacturing teams to influence the design for manufacture on existing products and NPI.
Your duties and responsibilities for this critical role will include the following:
- Work with an assembly equipment provider to set up an assembly process for various stages of build from R&D to full production.
- Work alongside design & development engineers from R&D to carry on through to production.
- Set out the assembly process for production staff.
- Working with a right 1st time mentality.
- Develop the assembly cells to ensure they are world class.
- Be proactive in the recommendation of new or improved manufacturing techniques.
- Create and develop product BOM's, routings and work instructions.
- Identify waist and define methods of reduction within the process to allow continual improvement.
To be considered for this role you will have extensive assembly and production engineering experience. Our client is seeking applications from candidates that have a recognised technical apprenticeship, HNC level equivalent qualification in manufacturing engineering or time served industry experience. We will also be seeking this individual with have some of the following knowledge and experiences:
- A good knowledge of machining, castings or cutting tools.
- Generate the relevant paperwork SOP, Control plans, work instructions etc.
- Fixture design is desirable.
- Experience in implementing lean improvements within a machining & assembly environment. (Kaizen, Flow, 6's, Process Mapping, RCCR, SMED, Standard Operation Sheets, TPM & Visual Management).
- Extensive knowledge of BOM's, routings and work instructions.
- Experience of managing Capex projects.
- Familiar with Quality Systems / PPAP & Environmental Issues.
- Proficient knowledge in the use of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint and CAD.
In return our client can offer the opportunity to be involved in one of the most exciting engineering projects in region with genuine opportunities for career development within this newly formed organisation. A competitive salary is available with contributory pension, death in service and a total 33 days holiday per annum. The working hours for this role will be 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30am to 12.30pm on Fridays.
If you would like to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail then please call Les Hines on 01384 397555 or send your CV .