An Assembly & Process Engineer is required for an exciting new business that is building a brand new production facility near Southam in Warwickshire. Our client is a leading component designer, manufacturer and supplier, specialising in the machining and assembly of a number of product ranges for the compressor market.
This flagship project will be committed to building a cutting-edge manufacturing facility with the creation of over 75 jobs. With a total investment of £65m this development is the coming together of the UK's most innovative R&D Compressor Technology company and one of largest manufacturers in the UK to spearhead a new wave of precision manufacturing.
As the Assembly & Process Engineer you will be reporting directly to the Engineering Manager to support, grow and continuously improve the manufacture of world class products. The candidate will be a critical team leader in developing new methods of assembly & manufacture for machining of internal components to drawings specifications. You will be required to working closely with the Engineering, Design, Quality and Manufacturing teams to influence the design for manufacture on existing products and NPI.
Your duties and responsibilities for this critical role will include the following:
- Work with an assembly equipment provider to set up an assembly process for various stages of build from R&D to full production.
- Work alongside design & development engineers from R&D to carry on through to production.
- Set out the assembly process for production staff.
- Working with a right 1st time mentality.
- Capable processes laid down with studies to verify its condition.
- Develop the assembly cells to ensure they are world class.
- Support the production team on a day to day basis to ensure timely delivery of customer expectations.
- Support the machining cells on real time problem resolution and technical issues.
- Be proactive in the recommendation of new or improved manufacturing techniques.
- Supply cost down analysis and project plans to reduce prime costs.
- Create and develop product BOM's, routings and work instructions.
- Identify waist and define methods of reduction within the process to allow continual improvement.
To be considered for this position we will be seeking an individual with the following experience:
- A proven track record within Assembly / Production / Manufacturing Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of assembly techniques.
- A good knowledge of machining, castings or cutting tools.
- Generate the relevant paperwork SOP, Control plans, work instructions etc.
- Fixture design is desirable.
- Experience in implementing lean improvements within a machining & assembly environment. (Kaizen, Flow, 6's, Process Mapping, RCCR, SMED, Standard Operation Sheets, TPM & Visual Management). With relevant paperwork to support this.
- Extensive knowledge of BOM's, routings and work instructions.
- Automotive industry or off highway experience will be beneficial.
- Experience of managing Capex projects.
- Experienced in NPI and process improvements.
- Familiar with Quality Systems / PPAP & Environmental Issues.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join an organisation right at the start of a journey that will allow individuals to develop their careers at the forefront of engineering technology. Ideally our client would like to see applications from individuals that have a recognised technical apprenticeship, HNC level equivalent qualification in manufacturing engineering or time served industry experience. We would also expect a proficient knowledge in the use of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint and CAD.
In return our client can offer a competitive salary up to £40,000pa dependent on experience, contributory pension, death in service and a total 33 days holiday per annum. The working hours for this role will be 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30am to 12.30pm on Fridays.
If you would like to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail then please call Les Hines on 01384 397555 or send your CV .