Title: Armour Chassis Lead Engineer
Division: Special Vehicle Operations
Contract Position based at: SVO Fen End and SVO Oxford Road (Ryton)
Rate: Up to £32.45 per hour
Special Vehicle Operations is responsible for designing and creating a portfolio of brand extending products inspired by our two brands - Jaguar & Land Rover. We produce vehicles for our most discerning, demanding and enthusiastic customers.
The Armour Engineering team is responsible for producing products with class leading levels of protection to occupants against extreme attack, whilst retaining the luxury, refinement and off-road capability of the core product. The team is responsible for specification, testing and sign off, chassis updates, armour cell development, trim development and option development.
The key role of the Armour Chassis Lead Engineer is to support the Armour Engineering Manager in ensuring that SVO Armouring Chassis content is delivered in line with program timing, cost, and quality and to manage engineering issues and to achieve a robust engineering sign off.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Deliver robust Armour Chassis Systems - on time, cost & quality
- Develop Chassis system DVPs to ensure robust system development
- Drive Product Quality (Current & Future)
- Responsibility for delivering the chassis system and commodity plan on Armoured products, on time with appropriate quality and at the right cost.
- Liaising with the SVO and core Chassis teams to lead the Armour specific chassis program content.
- Support the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the Cycle Plan programmes and Cycle Plan studies, using Product Creation Delivery System (PCDS) principles in conjunction with other company processes as required.
- Contribute to the negotiation and agreement of targets for the Chassis System and ensure all programme deliverables are tracked, monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events.
- Manage vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
- Resolve issues with component engineering and vehicle attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
- Ensure all appropriate JLR standards are met through-out design maturation
- Proven Chassis technical knowledge, to include whole vehicle chassis systems (brakes, wheels, tyres, subframes, exhaust etc) and ability to deliver from concept to production.
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver a robust whole vehicle chassis system
- Experience of the automotive industry
- Proven Chassis technical knowledge, to include whole vehicle chassis systems (brakes, wheels, tyres, subframes, exhaust etc)
- Experience of Engineering delivery from concept to production.
- Ability to work autonomously and deliver a robust whole vehicle chassis system.
- Experience of the automotive or manufacturing industry
- Experience of developing technical requirements specifications and associated test plans
- Experience of CATIA, Digibuck, Team Centre
- A good working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
- Experience of delivering technical products through a team, utilising strong people management skills
- Experience of delivering projects in an automotive or manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and communicate at all levels
- Experience within the Armour/Heavy automotive industry.
- Experience of runflat systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
- Automotive Engineering experience with an understanding of automotive product creation and delivery tools like Enovia PLM
- An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
- The candidate must have a record of proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines
- The candidate must be flexible with regard to multiple site working during launch
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Armour Chassis Lead Engineer, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.