Area Sales Manager
Location: North of England and Scotland
Industry/Sector: Conveying Solutions
Salary: £40,000 plus bonus and company car
A new Area Sales Manager is required to join a well-established and growing organisation within the field of pneumatic conveying and waste extraction systems from the plastics, paper, packaging and recycling sectors. A true market-leader with subsidiaries in Europe, US, Asia and Africa, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful sales team to help achieve substantial growth. The role will cover the North of England and Scotland region and the ideal candidate will be located within the area. We are looking for an extremely motivated, self-starter, who can manage their own diary and sales activity. This Area Sales Manager role is a customer facing role, establishing new relationships and growing the existing customer base.
As an Area Sales Manager, you will be required to:
- Be responsible for the growth and development of sales for the North of England and Scotland area, achieving and exceeding set targets
- Ensuring maximum market presence and awareness is created
- Function as project manager on your own sales projects - manage the project from A-Z
- To gain comprehensive product and market knowledge to ensure opportunities are fulfilled to meet the customer's expectations
- Follow leads through to generate new sales of equipment and systems to end users, machinery manufactures and dealer.
- Conduct site surveys to assess customer needs for new or existing installations
- Prepare detailed and accurate quotations.
- Work autonomously from your home office.
The Area Sales Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Industrial and technical sales experience would be beneficial
- Experience with Solution Selling techniques
- Experience with providing technical support on products and systems being sold
- Commercially aware and focused with business development, account management and lead generation/development.
- Engineer background would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Solution orientated and a hands-on approach
- Excellent communication levels having the ability to discuss requirements at all levels of the organisation, from machine operator to board director.
- A positive attitude who can motivate guide others to achieve success
- Commercially aware ensuring projects are won within agreed profit margins
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Sales and Key Account Management and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Area Sales Manager role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .