about 1 year ago
Area Sales Manager - Materials - Field Based - London / South East - Competitive Salary
An Area Sales Manager is required with a proven track record within territory management. Candidates with experience of the flooring industry would be well received.
Due to the continued success of this company, multi award-winning market leading specialist with a solid reputation based on the research, development and production of innovative materials requires a motivated and driven Area Sales Manager to develop the South East Region of the UK.
As the Area Sales Manager you will be required to:
- Diary management and planning to ensure that your time is utilised in the most productive and effective way.
- Fully prepare for and attend appointments with both existing and prospective customers to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Researching and prospecting of new contacts and responding to any sales leads promptly. Identifying any future markets, product requirements and enhancements. Attending exhibitions and industry events to gain new business leads.
- Managing customer database effectively. Updating with new prospect contacts and customer information and visit notes. Ensuring records are kept accurate and up to date.
- Analysing and maintaining industry knowledge of competitors and their products.
- Providing quotations and managing ongoing pricing reviews.
- Constantly look for opportunities to up-sell and add on sales. Promptly follow up sample and quotations to convert to sales. Providing PR opportunities whenever possible.
- Primary responsibility for checking customer sales history and purchasing trends to ensure they are ordering all possible product lines.
- Achieving all monthly / annual sales targets and KPI's.
- Assisting with technical queries. Effectively managing customer complaints and queries. Taking all necessary steps to resolve matters promptly (for example product testing and site visits).
- Undertakes duties in accordance with all relevant management systems and controls.
The Marketing Associate should have the following skills or experience:
- Strong background operating as territory/area manager
- Proven track record in sales to include new business and up-selling to existing customers
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Must be self-motivated and driven
- Account management of multiple customers
- Proficient with IT and able to operate remotely
- Performance Profit Related Pay ( Discretionary payment based on 8% of basic salary)
- 5% pension
- Life cover
- Free use of holiday homes in St Ives, Padstow and Tenerife.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon whereby alternative methods will be utilised given the current circumstances. If you have experience territory sales and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Area Sales Manager role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.