Area Sales Engineer
Competitive Salary, Bonus, Car
Industry: Rotary Equipment within the Utilities, Energy, Waste water, Electro-mechanical
Due to continued expansion my client has an exciting opportunity for an Area Sales Engineer to plan and carry out direct marketing and sales activities, develop sales of services offered to their major accounts and new customers in accordance with their agreed business plans. In addition to these functions’ employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Researching the market and identifying new sales leads wherever there is an electro-mechanical requirement
- Meeting with customers over the phone, email, or on site to assist in aspects of business development
- Making presentations and demonstrating how our products/service meet client needs
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements - speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs
- Generating sales proposals and contracts
- Maintaining records of customer communication and sales activity in our established internal communication system
- Working with the engineering team/Service Centres to ensure development schedules and deliveries are being met
- Attending and/or participating in trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Ongoing regular communication with customers to continually build the relationship
- Ensure the CRM system is fully maintained and up to date, submitting a weekly territory report and produce, as required, sales forecasts and statistical information
- Ensure that our clients sales process is adhered to and the sales funnel for your respective region is maintained, updated and managed in accordance with process requirements
- Ensure delivery of key KPI's, such as: customer visits per week, order intake, number of new customers obtained, conversion of enquiries to order, profitability, response to enquiry time
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Negotiating tender and contract terms to meet both client and company needs
- Strong engineering background is preferred but not essential.
- Strong IT and numeracy skills
- Experience using a CRM package preferred
- Basic Finance skills to understand P&L, Cash flow and Gross Margin calculations amongst others
- ONC/HNC educated or equivalent in an engineering or business discipline
- A full driving license.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL PROFILE
- 5 years' experience in a Sales environment, preferably selling similar products and services into the region
- Experience of Rotating equipment services, preferably in the Power, O&G and Water industries but including other industrial sectors such as Marine, FM, Defence or other similar industries
- Strong communicator at all levels
- Commitment, drive and the ability to work together with other colleagues to achieve business outcomes
- Able to work on own initiative, with strong self-motivation and discipline
- Highly organised with superior planning skills
- Demonstrable success within Business Development in a commercial environment
- Strong presentation skills via spoken and written media
- Ability to prepare and present business documentation, quotations and proposals
- Appreciates need for consistency within company's branding and marketing mix, especially PR and the Internet.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major accounts customers and large, particularly achieving genuine sales development
If you have the skills and experience within a Rotary equipment, within the utilities, engery or waste sector, please apply below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01384 446168
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.