Area Manager, Mainly Northern Sites
Industrial, Engineering and manufacturing services
Up to £37,500, fully expensed van, pension, 6% and 6%, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Hybrid working ,50% home based
This global provider of engineering and industrial services in looking to recruit a customer facing Area Manager to work within several key site areas including, power generation, energy from waste plants and oil manufacturing sites. The role is predominantly home based with regular visits to sites predominantly in the North.
We are keen to talk to candidates that have worked in a power generation or energy from waste industry , perhaps you are an experienced Fitter or Team Leader within engineering and maintenance looking for a role with variety and autonomy.
Key areas for the role:
- Ensure that the service provided at the customer sites are performed safely and efficiently, by taking responsibility for, lubrication, and condition-based monitoring services. E.G., oil sampling, greasing, oil changes etc.
- Effective relationships within the teams of personnel on all Sites, as well as colleagues at other customer sites and within the business support functions.
- Develop the service offer by promoting best practices to deliver enhanced and improved site service levels.
- Comply and promote the values and H&S policies, as well as fully adhere all Customers H&S policies & procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing Complexity
- Control of Manpower commitments
- Flexibility to cover all customer requests regarding Outage work
- Action Orientation
- Dealing effectively with changing customer demands
- Managing Tasks
- Cutting Fluid & Oli sampling interpretation
- Oil & Greasing schedules
- Promote the service to both internal and external customers
- Manage and completing extra works when required (Tank Cleans, Oil filtering & Procurement)
- Covering absence and sickness at Sites throughout the UK
Key attributes to be successful in the role
- Open Communication with team members and all relevant stakeholders.
- Contract lead when Contract Manager is not available
Internal and External Relationships
- Build effective relations with all relevant stakeholders, management, and team members.
- Planning, Organising and Resources Managed
- Fully understand all customer service level agreements and deliver the appropriate service levels required, including monitoring the deliverables and taking actions to close any gaps.
- Perform routine lubrication maintenance tasks, working with and updating computerised lubrication scheduling systems and spreadsheets.
- Service and check lubricant systems as specified within the schedules
- Fully understand the customers Health & Safety program, including near miss reporting and safety audits.
- Carry out the required behavioural safety audits for site safety meetings.
- Collect oil samples from the machinery assets on site, ranging from centrifugal pumps and compressors to agitator gearboxes and steam turbines etc.
- Any duties as reasonably requested by Line Manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A general awareness of lubrication and maintenance principles
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to compose RAMS
- Excellent PC skills.
- IOSH Managing Safety
Skills, Abilities and Personal Qualities
- Flexible approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and confident communicator at all levels
- Knowledge of Lubrication.
- Power Station working experience
- A full driving license.
- Ability and willingness to travel
• Confided Space experience
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.