Title: Architecture Structural Design Lead
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Architecture Structural Design Lead specialising in vehicle structure activities to include:
- Analysis and characterisation of design elements at a vehicle level that influence, stop and turn vs deflect kinematic.
- Loadpath topology and sizing calculation.
- FFB/ODB/Rear/ Side
- Analysis of energy distribution across components in current CAE models.
- Formulate base system 1D force- distance / force -time requirements and iterate in MATLAB
- Develop geometric solutions in conjunction with CoC Specialist Engineers that conform to the requirements Iterate and verify for robustness the component solutions in conjunction with the CAE Analysts
- BIW construction experience, including forming processes (such as, but not limited to pressing, casting, rolling and forging), joining processes (such as but not limited to riveting, bonding, welding, FSW, FDS) and mixed material joining and corrosion prevention.
- Results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Experience of design or development of safety related structural parts in Catia V5
- Proven experience (ideally 5 years plus) of design and development in safety related structural components e.g. BIW structures, Chassis Subframes or HV battery frames.
- Experience covering both concept development and launch / delivery BIW materials and joining technologies
Project management experience
Knowledge of composites design, use and joining
Degree or equivalent qualified in an Engineering or Physics discipline
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.