£34.85 - 34.85 per hour
5 months ago
An experienced Architecture Structural Design Lead is required to join an automotive OEM specialising in vehicle safety activities to include:
- SORB - analysis and characterisation of design elements at a vehicle level that influence, stop and turn vs deflect kinematic.
- Loadpath topology and sizing calculation.
- FFB/ODB/Rear/ Side - Analysis of energy distribution across components in current CAE models .
- Formulate base system 1D force- distance / force -time requirements and iterate in MATLAB
- Develop geometric solutions in conjunction with CoC specialist engineers that conform to the requirements Iterate and verify for robustness the component solutions in conjunction with the CAE analysts
- Experience of design or development of safety related structural parts
- Results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- MS Excel and / or MATLAB
- Proven design and development in safety related structural components e.g. BIW structures, Chassis Subframes or HV battery frames.
- Experience covering both concept development and launch / delivery
- Catia knowledge
- LS Dyna knowledge
- Education Required:
- Degree or equivalent qualified in an Engineering or Physics discipline
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.