£34k per year + Van, pension, OT, work from home
10 months ago
Circa £34,000/year starting salary (JIB rates)
Van, regular OT, employee benefits package
A specialist provider of motors, gearboxes into Industrial, Commercial and Agricultural Sectors across the UK with a head office and large client base across Suffolk and surrounds.
Accredited contractors to NCEIC, CHAS, CMSE and Schneider Electric. This organisation is known for its professional handling of anything in their remit; ranging from electrical or motor related emergencies and rewinds through to large scale commercial and industrial projects.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced approved electrician to join our field service team covering Suffolk and surrounds.
To have the particular practical, productive and electrical engineering skills with adequate technical supervisory knowledge so as to be able to work on their own and manage a team proficiently and to carry out electrical installation work without immediate supervision in the most efficient and economical manner.
To be able to set out jobs from drawings and specifications and requisition the necessary materials; be able to accept responsibility for the proper completion of jobs and, if required, supervise other operatives.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out electrical installation works to BS7671 and any other applicable standards to cover all aspects from lighting to instrumentation.
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems in industrial, commercial electrical systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, controls & instrumentation and monitoring.
- Assess the materials needed for a job and place orders for them.
- Routine maintenance and testing on a range of electrical systems and control and instrumentation.
- Complies with building codes, and follows safety requirements.
- Lone working required. But also team work and management of apprentices in your control.
- Provide exceptional customer service and answer any customer questions.
- Act as the key point of contact on site and liaise with the Project manager and on site staff on a day to day basis.
- Install electrical systems to 18th edition wiring regulations.
- Provide professional assessments and advice for customers.
- Testing & Inspection certification.
- Possess working knowledge of BS7671:2018.
- Demonstrate familiarity with NICEIC requirements.
- Starting salary of £34,000/year (JIB approved rates)
- Strong company pension contribution
- Company vehicle
- Employee benefits package
- Full uniform
- Company mobile phone
- OT regularly available
- Field based, covering Suffolk and surrounds
This is an exciting job opportunity for an approved electrician local to Ipswich, Suffolk to join a market leading electrical support systems provider with an array of career paths available.
If you would like more information, please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.