Title: Apprentice Training and Development Officer
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Apprentice Mentoring and Development of Technical Skills role - Body Engineering Background
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that is delivering some ground-breaking work in developing the next generation of pioneering engineers and shaping the future of our industry.
We are responsible for developing and implementing an apprentice learning programme that is capable of developing world class engineers through hands-on Engineering experience and academic training, targeted towards Virtual Toolsets to meet the future needs of Body Engineering.
The Apprentice Training and Development role is to ensure appropriate, relevant and timely training and development interventions so as to improve the Technical Engineering, CAD and CAE competency of Apprentices within Body Engineering.
- Continually develop our future pioneering World Class engineers through the Body Engineering enhanced Degree Apprenticeship programme and drive engineering efficiency into everything we do.
- Lead the development of strong scientific/technical foundations and practical application within the product engineering teams.
- Lead the use of academic knowledge into work based projects and enable us to achieve our strategic vision.
- Take an integrated approach, real vehicle programme work used as a medium for teaching and learning.
- Working with academia and the HR Apprentice team to ensure the education curriculum at colleges and universities meet the needs of Body Engineering.
- Support the embedding of a learning environment within Body Engineering commodity teams to fulfil our vision of developing world class engineers.
Example Job Roles that may have these sorts of skills:
Product Engineers (Industry experienced)
Mechanical Engineers Lecturers (Colleges / Universities)
Mechanical Engineering Teachers (esp. Physics secondary / 6th Form)
- Maths, Engineering or Science Degree ideally with experience of engineering application
- Training and development experience ideally (CAD/CAE/Physics/Maths - creating material, delivering material)
- Project management and people skills (including implementing change)
- Ability and evidence of planning of short and long term objectives for people
- Ability and evidence of working with teams of 10 and above
- Excellent people and negotiation skills Experience of 'pastoral leadership
- Ability to create documentation to support activities such as visions, plans, deployment
- Experience of working in a teaching/training environment with a knowledge of training; Apprentices/Undergraduates/Graduates/Students.
- Proven leadership and workload management experience
- Proven ability to plan effectively, co-ordinate and control own workflow and achieve quality results
- Natural problem-solver with proven experience and structured approach to problem solving.
- Experience of developing skills matrix, tracking and reporting of training requirements and interventions.
- Development of training material (such as lessons, practical sessions and annual curriculum) and delivering it in training lessons and practical sessions.
- Delivering and tracking progress against the training delivery plan.
Maths, Engineering or Science Degree ideally with experience of Engineering application
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.