Our Client, a globally recognised commercial automotive business based in Derbyshire who will be releasing multiple new designs of engine families into the market, are looking for an Applications Technician to work in a team supporting development activity of engines.
Your Responsibilities as an Applications Technician:
- Maintaining engine / machine development fleet (Development level servicing and updating critical components)
- Setting up and carrying out specific engine / engine system tests
- Installation and usage of test instrumentation
- Working closely with Engine development and design teams as well as machine development engineering teams
As an Applications Technician you will have/be:
- Apprenticed, ONC or equivalent level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Both an understanding and an interest in engines and machines
- Able to prepare & install engines in machines
- Able to accurately modify engine components, using hand tools and welding equipment
- Ability to operate test equipment and follow test procedures
- Initiative to be able to "fault find" on instrumentation and engine installations
- PC literate in Excel, Word, previous usage of ATI, VISU would be an advantage
What's in it for you?
Excellent Pension, health care and holidays scheme