- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Field Service & Engineering
- Contact: Jordyn Disspain
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446130
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 20 May 2022
- Job Ref: 61001
Application Specialist (Machine Tools) - SW
Competitive Salary and Car + Bonus
Our client is an international manufacturer and supplier of machine tools and relating equipment/services, supporting the focus on their South Wales / Gloucestershire / Wiltshire / Bristol / North Somerset sales territory, they are seeking an Application Specialist to work as a technical expert to support the sales team in total solution offers to customers which fulfils the technical solution delivery that meet customer's needs.
Based within this region and wfh but having close connection and activity with the regional sales team and account managers, the Application Specialist fulfils and delivers expertise in relevant technical product and application solution to customers and supports, either on site or remotely, to maximize and extend business opportunities within specific scopes of competencies. You would be responsible for ensuring:
- Products/services are correctly implemented and deployed to ensure they are positioned to minimize competitor conversion and that customers gain the maximum impact of utilizing our clients' tools and technology.
- Supports Account Managers in technical presentations and customer interactions to ensure suitable business opportunities are identified and secured, whether analogue or digital.
- Technical Product & Services implementation:
- Fulfils total delivery of technical solution and sales support to end-customers and distributors, in close cooperation with Account Managers to grow, maintain, strengthen and develop customers.
- Coordinates and organizes interaction between technical and commercial departments of the company, as well as relevant distributor services for projects in the Sales department/Cluster entrusted. Prepares integrated solutions for customers.
- Engaged by Account Managers to visit current and potential accounts.
- Support Account Managers in new product and service introduction to customers.
- Recommends products and services that fit well with clients' business needs during solution offer with Account Managers.
- Respond to more complex technical questions regarding the organization's products, systems or services.
- Develops and delivers training to educate internal employees and external partners and customers on the features of their purchase.
- Troubleshoots, investigates, and resolves technical problems that arise during or after implementation.
- Develops test applications used for testing modules, including customer-specific components.
- Builds effective working relationships with end customers and distributors to secure agreed priorities implementation.
- Supports Sales activities including analysis of customer's technical needs and suggests and implements solutions.
- Proactively supports cross functional working to deliver results.
- Is an ambassador for driving new ways of working and future technology within his/her expertise field to ensure customers' needs are fulfilled and profitable business is gained.
- Be accountable to ensure successful opportunities identified by Account Managers or others are qualified and as appropriate products are technically applied in a first-class manner to maximize market share and profitable business.
- Leads the customer projects from start to finish together with the Account Managers.
- Ensures post-sales activities to include resolving implementation problems and conducting training required.
- Liaises with hardware, software, and systems design engineers to ensure that products and services are modified, configured, and installed per customer needs.
- Develops appropriate business plans in conjunction with Account Managers to ensure market share increases/key product focuses within the sales department are achieved in line with financial targets and KPI's.
- Ensures proactive customer need analysis to be presented to Account Manager.
- Ensures high quality and latest updates of data and information on all sales activities in CRM (Dynamics) within your zone of responsibility.
- Constantly improves and shares knowledge of the company's offer and quality of production, new tools and technologies.
- Participates in trade shows and other company events when required.
This is a technically orientated role and is ideally positioned for manufacturing and machining engineers around CNC machining and advanced metal cutting technologies. Key experience required includes:
- Structured, business orientated approach to support a diverse and geographically spread team with technical competence.
- Ability to manage customer requests and business issues effectively within a complex and global matrix organization
- Ability to listen to customers and sales project teams to understand underlying needs and ensure suitable technical solutions are delivered to secure profitable business
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of relevant software programs, e.g., CAD/CAM
- Knowledge in the field of digital technologies in metalworking (industry 4.0).
- Knowledge of LEAN processes.
- Experience of project work and project management (engineering and productivity increasing)
- Obtains practical knowledge in the effective use of Sales Tools, including, but not limited, to Productivity Improvement Programs (PIP), Value Selling, and Productivity Analyzer (PA), Dynamics (CRM System)
- Being a good communicator and skilled at making technical presentations in front of a targeted group.
If you feel you have the interest and experience to support this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.