£45k - 50k per year + Bonus, Car
about 1 year ago
Sales Applications Engineer
Pneumatics / Hydraulics
Territory South of UK
Excellent Salary Package
Main Purpose of Role:
To develop profitable sales in a geographic region with both original equipment manufacturers and maintenance repair and overhaul departments within production plants across all industry sectors & public/private facilities.
- Working within the guiding principles of the client Group, develop an in depth knowledge of the defined region and its associated industries and generate a business plan for the sale of Pneumatics and Hydraulics services within the region.
- Have a vast knowledge of core product range specifically its features and benefits, highly knowledgeable in the application of these product technologies to real world situations in plant and machinery
- Provide field based support to Service Centres and Customer Site operations within the sales divisions of Industrial Distribution, Integrated Solutions & Transportation
- Grow project & product sales in line with defined budgets.
- Demonstrate to clients the benefits of working with our client for all its requirements for Hydraulics and all associated services.
- Ensure that the key decision makers in the customers can clearly identify the value our client brings to them over our competition.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Provide professionally presented commercial and technical proposals to the customer for both standard and non-standard items within the Flow & Equipment Services product portfolio.
- Utilise business systems to ensure quotations are aligned to sell price models and captured within the systems. Ensure data is sufficiently defined enough to ensure that internal staff may effectively and correctly process orders on a repeated basis.
Knowledge and Experience :
- Capability to understand twin business model and align strategy with the assigned customers
- Sales and customer relationship development skills
- Negotiation skills at multiple levels within customer and supplier organisations
- Communication and inter-personal
- Margin management
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Awareness of efficient processes
- Understand and demonstrate customer processes, impact (financial) of our engineering input. (cost savings)
- Understanding of Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet structures
- Understanding of cash management and debt collection
- Understanding of consignment stock principles
- Ability to provide regular forecasts of sales and profitability
- Ability to prepare and deliver management information within required deadlines
- Knowledge of stock system EOS System
- Knowledge of Stock Management principles and systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word
- Motivational skills – Customer and Team members
- Understanding of, and ability to effectively action Health and Safety principles and procedures
- Ability to manage the site administrative workflow, setting individual tasks and ensuring completion within given/set time frames
- Good knowledge of some or all categories of Maintenance, Repair and Operational product and service range
- Ability to effectively manage sales, margin and customer price savings to achieve profitability targets
- Ability to identify, justify and deliver optimised stock levels within overall customer commitments
- Effectively manage time and territory in order to maximise opportunities and minimise costs
Excellent Pneumatics / Hydraulics Technical knowledge of Industrial applications
Ideally candidates will have the following
- At least 4 years of Hydraulics / Pneumatics applications experience.
- GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics.
- Modern technical or commercial apprenticeship, A level or relevant NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Proficient user of windows based programmes
- Minimum of 1 years work experience in a commercial, distribution or industrial environment
- Degree HNC/D or demonstrable equivalent experience
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge and experience of Application engineering within Hydraulics or pneumatics and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Julie Thomas at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.