Due to continued growth this Global Player within Industrial Automation are looking to recruit an Applications Engineer.
Salary: Circa £38,000 to £45,000 per annum plus company car & benefits
Suitable for: Applications Engineer, Support Engineer, Service Engineer, Robotics Engineer, Controls Engineer, Software Engineer.
Reporting in to the Technical Manager you will be responsible for providing high quality technical support to robotics customers and system integrators, in UK and Ireland, from the West Midlands office or at the customer / system integrator site.
This could be part of either the sales or after-sales process.
- To provide on-site application programming expertise on our product range to facilitate robot(s) implementation.
- To support our customers and sales team on all technical aspects of product range either from office or on-site
- Propose and/or validate automation concepts and solutions adapted to our robot using different technologies (tooling, vision, conveyor tracking, safety…)
- Provide help and assistance to our customers in the use, programming and integration of our robot on-site or remotely from the office
- Check feasibility of robot proposals using simulation software including cycle time analysis, payload verification etc.
- Check “proof of principles” by use of suite of demo robots
- Promote our range of robots and software
- Follow specific projects and OEM’s
- Provide training to our customers and partners
Background and experience:
Requires a high degree of self-motivation with relatively light touch from local or Group management.
Must be capable of dealing with complex technical solutions and projects with tight deadlines.
Must be prepared to travel and work extensively at customer and system integrator sites within the UK and Ireland and be prepared for occasional work outside the UK.
Desirable skills :
- High-level programming knowledge and experience, preferably with robotics.
- Excellent inter-personal skills as this is a frontline role with our customers
- Familiarity with 3D CAD packages
- Familiarity with 4- and 6-axis automation
- Knowledge of electrical installations, PLC’s and fieldbus technologies, with the ability to analyse both company and customer drawings.
- Mechanical engineering knowledge
- Pragmatic, well presented and able to logically work through technical issues
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, on technical issues across all levels of a company.
- Knowledge of industrial vision and conveyor tracking applications
- High level BTEC / Graduate in Engineering discipline, Computer Science or similar
Full driving license essential.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting Applications Engineer role.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.