Our client a leading Automotive Tier 1 supplier requires an Applications Engineer to understand in detail the technical aspect of the client's portfolio for Business Units within Powertrain and Racing and Electrification.
The Applications Engineer will support and present the Business Units to clients and internally. Preparing the most appropriate technical solution for clients' needs or requests.
The Applications Engineer will be responsible for:
- Producing technical solutions and system schematic drawings for Business Units Powertrain & Racing and Electrification which are required to support the bidding process
- Prepare Handover Information for the Order Fulfilment organisation for successful quotes
- Develop and maintain a level of technical expertise in the clients systems and products
- Create quotations and to make presentations to support the sales process, using enterprise-wide tools such as Salesforce etc.
- Develop and maintain regular harmonious relations with colleagues throughout and potential, past and present customers
- Comply with all Quality Assurance and Environmental Protection procedures pertinent to the proposed solution
- Work proactively to find ways by which the process and products can be improved
The Applications Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Automotive, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering background
- Relevant Degree or above
- Computer literate
- Strong numerical skills
- A team player and willing to accept responsibility within the role
- Commitment, flexibility and self-motivation
- Full UK valid driving license
- Ability to travel internationally as required
If you have any questions about the Applications Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262