A fantastic opportunity to join an established and growing company located in the centre of Birmingham with a strong reputation in the electronics and test industry.
My client is looking for an Applications Engineer to complement a team who will be able to implement solutions to our customer's needs using our core software / hardware products.
Key roles and responsibilities of the Applications Engineer:
- The role will involve all phases of a project life cycle from quotation and requirements support, through to specification, design and implementation to documentation, installation, commissioning, handover and support.
- A significant amount of time will be spent working on the development and deployment of assembly and test systems, requiring an understanding of how the components under test function and are interconnected.
- Analysing and developing strategies for testing electrical and electronic assemblies and components.
- Interfacing to components under test and peripherals using analogue and digital I/O as well as communications such as CAN and LIN, TCP/IP, USB and RS232.
- Development will be with Windows and ARM / PIC micro-controller systems using a variety of scripting and process control languages including C, SQL and various variants of Basic.
- The role requires and understanding of mechanical, electronic, electrical control and vehicle systems.
Preferred Skills of the Applications Engineer:
- Knowledge of working in a practical process control and automation environment
- Basic control programming (VBA, IsaGraf, PLC Logic Control)
- Be able to create and write specifications for new applications or modification to existing applications
- Peripheral and electronics or control systems
- Electronic device selection and configuration
- Schematic layout, basic mechanical design
- PC builds and application configuration
- Ability to overcome problems as they arise is important, as the ability to have self-discipline, motivation, and quick thinking
- Time keeping on projects and the ability to organise your projects is important
- The fundamentals of programming, logic and process control
- Electro-mechanical systems
- Automotive systems
- Computing and automation technologies
If you are seeking an exciting role within a leading organisation, then please click on the link to apply or contact Ed Smith - Automation Recruitment Specialist - or call 01384 446 133